uPVC fascia board is an essential component of every building’s roofing system. It serves as a protective layer that covers the roof’s rafters and provides support for the guttering system. uPVC fascia board is a popular choice among homeowners and contractors due to its durability, low-maintenance properties, and affordability. In this article, we will explore the benefits of uPVC fascia board and why it is a wise investment for any building.
What is uPVC fascia board?
uPVC fascia board is made from unplasticised polyvinyl chloride, which is a durable and long-lasting plastic material. It is designed to replace traditional wooden fascia boards, which can rot, warp, and deteriorate over time. uPVC fascia board is available in a range of colors and finishes, making it a versatile option for any building.
Benefits of uPVC fascia board
- Durability: uPVC fascia board is highly durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions, including heavy rain, wind, and snow. It does not rot, warp, or corrode like traditional wooden fascia boards, making it a long-lasting investment.
- Low-maintenance: uPVC fascia board requires minimal maintenance, as it does not need to be painted or treated like wooden fascia boards. It is easy to clean and can be wiped down with a damp cloth to remove dirt and debris.
- Affordability: uPVC fascia board is an affordable option compared to other roofing materials, such as metal, wood, or slate. It is a cost-effective solution that provides long-lasting protection for your building.
- Aesthetically pleasing: uPVC fascia board comes in a range of colors and finishes, allowing you to choose a style that complements the design of your building. It can be customized to match the color of your roof or windows, creating a cohesive and attractive appearance.
- Easy installation: uPVC fascia board is easy to install, as it can be fitted directly onto the existing wooden fascia boards. This eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming repairs, making it a quick and efficient solution.
- Environmentally friendly: uPVC fascia board is a sustainable and eco-friendly option, as it is made from recyclable materials. It also does not require the use of harmful chemicals or treatments, making it a safer choice for the environment.
How to install uPVC fascia board
Installing uPVC fascia board is a simple and straightforward process that can be completed by a professional contractor or a DIY enthusiast. Here are the basic steps involved in installing uPVC fascia board:
- Remove the existing wooden fascia board: Before installing the uPVC fascia board, the existing wooden fascia board must be removed. This can be done using a saw, hammer, and chisel.
- Measure and cut the uPVC fascia board: Measure the length of the fascia board and cut the uPVC board to the appropriate size using a saw.
- Install the uPVC fascia board: Attach the uPVC fascia board to the rafters using screws or nails. Make sure that the board is level and flush with the roofline.
- Install the guttering system: Once the uPVC fascia board is installed, the guttering system should be attached to it. This will provide support for the guttering and ensure that it functions properly.
- Seal the joints: Seal the joints between the uPVC fascia board and the guttering system to prevent water from leaking through.
uPVC fascia board is a durable, low-maintenance, and affordable option for protecting your building’s roofing system. It is easy to install, customizable, and environmentally friendly, making it a wise investment for any property owner. If you are considering replacing your existing wooden fascia board, consider uPVC fascia board as a long-lasting and cost-effective solution.